These are partial lists (just what I know about). So if know of a group that you think may belong here, let me know (see About and Contact page).
Generally, HoAs are a mandatory requirement of the community whereas Civic or Neighborhood Associations are voluntary although there is quite a bit of variation in each group. For the record, I am generally a pretty independent guy but I happily live in an HoA community. It does involve giving up some freedoms in return for the many benefits of an HoA. (I can’t paint my home orange with pink trim but then neither can my neighbors.) It is a voluntary choice since I could have moved to a non-HoA community if I didn’t like the HoA restrictions. It is a trade-off and it is not my purpose to convince you of the advantages and disadvantages of each choice but I just put the links here is to give anyone with an interest in Chester County links to explore with information about various areas in the county.
It also had occurred to me that it would be useful to list real estate agents and builders active in the county but that list would be so long, it would be impossible to maintain in any sort of fair fashion. so I just didn’t include any. I’m sure you’ll have no trouble doing a search on that.
Homeowner Associations (HoA)
I suspect most HoAs do not have a website but those I find I’ll add here. Although this is just a list of what I’ve been able to find, it might give someone interested in this area ideas about specific places or a general feel for what is available. If you know of a Homeowners Association in Chester County with website, let me know (see About and Contact page).
- Avondale – Brittany Hills Homeowners Association (HOA)
- Chadds Ford / West Chester area (Birmingham Township) – The Reserve at Chadds Ford Community Association
- Coatesville – Hillview Homeowners Association
- Downingtown area (Caln Township) – Beaver Run Knoll Community Association
- Downingtown area (East Brandywine Township) – Hedgerow Homeowners Association
- Downingtown area – Williamsburg Homeowners Association
- Downingtown area – Wedgwood Estates Community Association
- Eagle – Byers Station
- East Fallowfield – Manchester Farms Homeowners Association
- East Pikeland – Kimberton Knoll Homeowners Association
- East Nottingham – Heritage Valley HoA
- Exton – The Crossings at Exton Station
- Exton – Rhondda Homeowners Association
- Exton – Ryerss Hunt Homeowners Association
- Kennett Square Area (Landenberg) – Broad Run Ridge Homeowners Association
- Kennett Square Area (New Garden Township) – Hartefeld Homeowners Association
- Schuylkill – Fernleigh Homeowners Association
- South Coventry – Ridglea Homeowners’ Association
- West Chester area – The Greens At Penn Oaks
- West Chester area (East Bradford) – Sagamore Homeowners Association
- West Chester area (East Goshen) – Hershey’s Mill community
I live in Hershey’s Mill and it is a rather large expanse of land (over a square mile) and over 1700 homes with a fine golf course in the middle. I’m not a golfer but I find it a wonderful place to live. It is a 55+ gated community and consists of 25 villages. Generally each village has its own HoA but in 1 case 3 villages have a combined HoA. Each of the village HoAs works with the Hershey’s Mill master association to address common issues. Only 4 of the village HoAs have a website.
- West Chester area (Westtown) – Green Lane Village
- West Chester area (West Whiteland) – The Woodlands
- Willistown Woods HOA
Civic and Neighborhood Associations
Again I suspect many of these associations do not have a website but those I find I’ll add here. If you represent a one of these in Chester County with website, let me know (see About and Contact page).
Management Companies for HoAs
I suspect many of these companies do not have a website but those I find I’ll add here. If you represent a one of these in Chester County with website, let me know (see About and Contact page).